Monday, October 27, 2014

BELIEVE IN MAGIC - PPP PRIMA

Hello Arty Friends!
 
Today I'm sharing an "Autumn Fairy" (also a Berry71Bleu DT project) flat board canvas I sketched then hand painted using various mediums. I decided to submit her for the October"PPP" (click here) because I'm using many "Prima" products.  This woman could be dressed up to go to a Halloween costume party too!!  You decide!  I added stencil work for the background using two of the "Prima" stencils one from (Finnabair).  I added Finnabair Mechanicals to her head piece and floral sash.  The black stencil work is heat embossed.  I wanted to add black petals to her skirt.
I stuck with the color theme for the PPP challenge and added a touch of "Purple" using Prima Color Bloom spray around her wings.  I actually dabbed it on and added some splats.  That tiny little butterfly on her arm is a "Prima" stamp.
I added "Prima" flowers to her sash.  I was going for "her sash blowing in the wind" effect.....
I also added some "Prima" embellies and the little peacock image off to the left (above) is from the Jodi Lee Designs Princess Collection...Here you can see a better close up of the stencil work on her skirt (below).
Here is a close up of the "Leaf" Mechanicals by Finnabair. 
And lastly, I show the process on a collage to how the "ROUGH" sketch started on a 12x12 Princess Collection "Prima" paper.  I adhered the paper to the canvas board.
 I'm going to add her to my facebook cover too since it's Autumn.  I did some photoshop using PicMonkey....
Thank you for stopping by!
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is amazing, Mandy! I am partial to faeries, so to me, this is extra fantastic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy