Sunday, December 19, 2010

CANDY MOUNTAIN

SCRAPBOOK.COMThe first step on creating a candy filled layout is:

1. Two 12"x12" white card stock.

2. 4 or 5 8" x 10" various vibrant colored card stock.
3. Acrylic Paint (I chose Citrus Green) to add a pop of color to the white 12"x12" paper.
4. Paint swirls, dots, whatever you chose.

5.  Trace a 6"x8" rectangle in the center of the 12"x12" painted paper and cut it out.
6.  Take the 4 vibrant colored paper and cut it into strips.  Approxiamately 2" thick.

7.  These strips need to be sprayed with water to make them pliable to work with.
8. Twist, crinkle, roll, fold, all colored strips of paper to frame the photo.  Don't be afraid if you tear the paper!!!!  It will soon be full of candy embellishments.  YOU CAN'T MAKE A MISTAKE IN THIS LAYOUT!

9.Add cellophane to frame the photo. I crinkled it up underneath the crinkled strips and hot glued it on.

10.NOW LOAD ON THE CANDY!!!!!  I TRIED TO KEEP IT AN ORGANIZED CHAOS!  HAVE FUN WITH THIS!  THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!!


11. Last but not least I added "Flower Power" Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  I used a paint brush to dabble around the edges. Note: The White Paper I used underneath the painted paper was an opalescent glitter paper.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...this LO is intense!! It's so sweet it drips gooey-ness! lol I love it and I'm so inspired...I think I'm lifting the LO...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy