Sunday, September 1, 2013

SEPTEMBER REVEAL ~Simply Shabby Chic~

Hi crafty friends!
 
 
I can't believe September is here and it's reveal time!
~Scraps of Elegance~
I created my first layout using the awesome "Prima" papers "Delight Collection" -Darling..........I loaded on "Faber Castell" Gelato's in yellows/oranges (available at the online store click here) on the papers, cut work, flowers, etc.  I created texture on this page by using gesso and molding paste.  I went over that with an embossing pen and used "Lindy's Stamp Gang" (Desert Moon Copper Pine) embossing powder to create MORE texture.  I also used "Desert Moon Copper Pine" on the Sizzix die cut frame.
 
"DELIGHT" 
I also used "Recollections" embossing powder in gold.
I did some cut work on the second "Prima"  paper and added stamping and embossing around the cut work.
I added the beautiful lace trim (available in the kit) and "Prima" flowers (add on with the kit).
Here you see stamp work and use of the yellow gelato.


I added some broken jewelry and a butterfly image from "Moonlight Journey".
Here you can see the glow of the embossing I drew on with an embossing pen and went over the "Sizzix" die cut frame.  ("Lindy's Stamp Gang" Dessert Moon Copper Pine)
 
My next project was based on Suepup's gorgeous sketch:
 
I also used "Prima" papers with this layout.  The "Delight Collection" - Doilie.
I used a "Prima" flower stencil and mixed deep red/burgundy acrylic paint with molding paste to create textured flowers.
"STUNNING"
I made my own mini roses and petals using a punch and spraying with "Lindy's Stamp Gang" Flat Fabio -Ruby Red Slippers.  I used a red gelato over the textured/stenciled flowers and rubbed in at the bottom left of the page.
I mixed two colors of embossing power for the "Stunning" chipboard (chipboard available in the kit).  The colors are:
"Lindy's Stamp Gang - Candy Cane Red Gold and Midnight Copper
The beautiful burgundy ribbon filigree gem, and key is included with the embellishment add on.
I used some peach/nude acrylic paint and "Lindy's Stamp Gang" Copper mists to give this page an antiqued appearance.
I added some copper/bronze colored beads to accent the embossing.
Stenciling/painting close-up.  The copper/bronze centers of the flowers is hand drawn with an embossing pen and heat embossed.
Stop on by and grab your September kit asap while they last!!!!
~Scraps of Elegance~
 
THE WINNER OF MY TEXTURE CHALLENGE IS:
LisaMom92040-Lisa
Congratulations Lisa!!!
PM me your address at the forum........
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I still find your work sooooo inspiring!!! These layouts are divine and your canvas is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Always so lovely and magical! Just curious, where did the name" Kasha Gray come from!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasha Gray came from: (you can see it on my side bar)ABOUT ME too: - When my son was five he kept talking to a friend named Kasha (make believe). He told me Kasha was 5 and had gray hair. I went with Kasha Gray because there are many Mandy scrappers out there.....and to always remember that cute phase my son went through. I don't know any Kasha Gray's???....hehe Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Love that story! I am sure you have had to repeat that over and over, and I appreciate you sharing it one more time! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy