Monday, July 15, 2013

SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE

Happy Monday Everyone! 
Today I bring to you two projects from the July kit
 
~Home Sweet Home~
 
 from: 
"Scraps of Elegance"
 
I decided to do another beach themed layout using a photo of my nephew.  I used plastic mesh throughout this layout.  I plan to (in the near future) show you my techniques and layering process on video using mesh, "Lindy's Stamp Gang" mists, molding paste, stamps, stencils and paints.
 
The two below layout's are totally different-
I used Pink Paislee papers from the same collection included in the kit.
My first layer was a 12"x12" link stencil I purchased at the "Scraps of Elegance" click here online store.  I then sprayed "Lindys Stamp Gang"
Canna Lily Burnt Orange mixed with Bucket of Blood Red  mist to various sections of the stencil and sprayed the seashells, starfish, flowers using those colors.
I then added Shimmerz Texturz  (included in the kit) to the stencil.
I sprayed the "Prima" flowers with:
"Lindys Stamp Gang"
After the mist's/Texturz dried I added mesh with "Mod Podge" and sprayed (while wet) "Lindys Stamp Gang" Caribbean Blue and Creme Brulee Cream when that dried I lightly went over it with metallic gold acrylic paint.
I cut the "Prima" flower petals apart (included in the kit) - I thought they looked like coral.  I added them throughout. I gathered the aqua ribbon (included in the kit) and surrounded the photo using "Mod Podge" and hot glue.  I was trying to create an ocean wave effect.
 I am also pleased to be entering this layout in the "July color Challenge over at "Lindys Stamp Gang".  Here is the link for their color challenge-
and since I love using "Lindys Stamp Gang" mists in "most" of my projects......I am applying for the
 
 "Lindys Stamp Gang" Design Team
 
  One can't have too many of their products!! hehe  So this is my official application!
Wish me luck-
 
 
Here is my finished YouTube project:
 
EXPLORE


 
 
 
 
 
My next project:
YESTERDAY 
 
I LOVE the quote I adhered to the photo:
It's so true!
 
I used four different colors of "Lindy's Stamp Gang" on this project:
I sprayed the navy colored "Prima" flowers (included in the kit) with
I used a "Prima" stencil using Shimmerz Texturz (included in the kit)  I sprayed "Lindys Stamp Gang" Bucket of Blood Red, Cotton Candy Pink and Autumn Maple Crimson on flowers, molding paste, and various locations throughout the layout.  I used the "Spellbinders" intricate die cut as a stencil.  I added "Sizzix" die cut at various locations also.  I used the black add on paper I had left over from the "June" kit.
I sprayed "Lindys Stamp Gang mists to the chipboard "Gina's Designs".  I had black chain left over from my fairy doll project.  I punched holes throughout the paper and added grommets, chain and "Prima" gem trinkets.
 The Pink Pailslee photo frame is included in this month's kit along with the mini "Prima" roses.  I did some punch work using an "EK Success" punch and then did some lacing to the punch work.
 
Don't forget to stop on by the "Scraps of Elegance" forum click here and join in on the fun!  Lots of great challenges this month!  You don't have to be a kit club member to join.
 
Have a good day!
Hugs,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. These layouts are beautiful, Mandy! You've captured the ocean perfectly on the first one, and the second one is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are beautiful! Love the colour combinations you've used! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so glad I came to take a closer look!! Fab Fab. don't worry I'll still be hanging around sod for a minute. :) It's my first home. Good luck with Lindy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy