Sunday, April 19, 2015

ABSTRACT 18"X24" MIXED MEDIA CANVAS - CANVAS CORP BRANDS

Happy Hello Friends!
 
Today I'm sharing an art piece featuring an abstract cross.  I have always wanted to incorporate a cross in to my artwork but was not sure what direction to take it.  I would describe my living room décor as Southwestern/Mission style.  I figured I'd create a distressed canvas piece to compliment my Navajo/Native American painting that I am "still" working on....
Although this is not a piece of furniture or a flea market find, I did transform a "plain" canvas in to an aged, distressed art piece using many Tattered Angels products!  
I purposely offset the cross detailing (to the left) on an 18" x24" (Canvas Corp Brands) stretched Natural Canvas....
  I started the project by spraying Semi Opaque Matte Mist - Plain Jane Baseboard Paint "Cardboard" by Tattered Angels in a cross like pattern........I let the spray drip randomly down the canvas.
I added various "Canvas Corp Brands" shapes as my center point for the cross.
I adhered the textures with modeling paste.  After that dried I sprayed the pieces with Tattered Angels "Cardboard" again and then added Black "High Impact" paint letting the paint drip randomly.
The white areas you see above is modeling paste.  I wanted to add texture around the cross detailing. When that dried I added various paints and mists.  I was adding many layers of paints especially "Copper" and "Orange" High Impact paint.  I wanted to tone down the copper/orange so I went over that with more Opaque "Cardboard" Baseboard Paint....I also added Aqua Plain Jane Baseboard Paint and Aqua High Impact Paint.
Below is a photo of the supplies I used for this project.  I also added (not shown in the picture) Tattered Angels - Orange High Impact Paint and  Plain Jane Aqua Baseboard Paint. 
The below items can be found at the Canvas Corp Brands website!
Check it out!  The paints and mists can be found under "Tattered Angels" and the burlap, canvas, textures can be found under "Canvas Corp Brands"!
 Thank you for stopping by!
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, those textures and colours ....my mouth is dribbling or should I say - my eyes are doing a happy dance!!!!Don't know which one would make more sense!;D;D Gorgeous! The other painting is breathtaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks fantastic, Mandy! Truly looks like aged copper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - your canvas is absolutely gorgeous - the textures, colors are perfect! The painting in the background of the American Indian is beautiful - your talent is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is absolutely amazing!!!! Loving the warm earthy tones with that slash of aqua and the textures are just awesome!! Stunning work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Do you conduct workshops?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy