Thursday, February 13, 2014

LOVE ALWAYS- ~SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE~ FEBRUARY REVEAL

Happy hello everyone!
 
Tomorrow is Valentine's day and today I'm revealing some romantic inspiration featuring this month's kit:
 
 
My first project is full of much love and romance!! When I saw the papers from "Authentique" I wanted to use both red and pink together.  I found the image on google of a couple kissing in the rain and thought perfect! The rich luxurious papers accent the photo beautifully!!
 I used all the red roses included in the kit!  I altered the chipboard hearts included in the kit by painting, heat embossing and adding gesso....
 
 I added a fine piece of lace to one of the hearts and added deep red pearls(included in the kit) around the right edge.
 I added some black embroidery thread and hand stitched random areas following the pattern of the paper.  I figured I'd leave the needle attached....(something different)
 I added splats red paint, gesso, stenciling, and some beading....
 I did a little bit of doodling with a Faber Castell pen.....
 My next project was based on "Suepups" gorgeous sketch-

When I saw the "Authentique" paper with the weathered (fence/gate/table) paper....I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use.  I took some photo's of a baby Cardinal (I think?) last Spring.  It was sitting in my Crepe Myrtle bush.  Two adult Cardinals (one red) were around a few days earlier but they were no where to be found when I was taking the photos...I have many close up shots.  The next day the baby bird was gone. 

I was inspired to use a "circular" object like pictured in the sketch photo....So I decided to use one of my "saved" pizza cardboard packaging.  I figured I could peel off the top paper layer showing the corrugated cardboard.  I wanted to add gesso, black acrylic paint, mists to give it a rustic, weathered effect.... 
 I used "many" of the leaves included in the flower add on.  I painted them with gesso....
I did a lot of upcycling for this project.....I did some heart punch work on some the ~Scraps of Elegance~ packaging and also punched out some hearts using drywall tape...I also added some bark from my tree behind the top right photo.
 I added some Ranger alcohol ink to the cheese cloth to give the page a mossy/grassy green texture...
I circled the photos with twine to finish the project.
Stop on by ~Scraps of Elegance~ and check out the gorgeous inspiration!  You can also subscribe and purchase the gorgeous kits, mixed media items and more!
Have a great day~
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!Such gorgeous layouts with so many gorgeous details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous layouts, yet each is so different! Love the textured details and your amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy