Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOVEMBER REVEAL!

Happy Wednesday Friends!
 
Today I'm sharing two creations using the awesome November kit "Thankful" from:
 
 
I needed some fall photos  and I recently took this photo of my son at my moms house.  He's standing by a "Burning Bush".....She has about 6-7 of them in her yard and they're beautiful at this time of year.  I decided to go "mixed media" on this page using "Lindy's Stamp Gang mists available with the add on and some of my watercolor paints.....
I stippled some gesso for texture throughout the page before adding the colors....
The "Prima" wooden leaves are included in the kit and I sprayed them with "Lindy's Stamp Gang" color add on and added touches of watercolor paint also.
I used a stencil called "Americana" by Plaid - The stencil was in the wall décor section at Michael's.... I used "Golden" matte gel and mixed it with color by "Lindy's Stamp Gang".....
I then traced around the stenciling with a Faber Castell pen and a Painters pen.  I painted around the stenciling with watercolors and mists....
 
My next creation is a totally different theme.  I was inspired by the cameo from "Webster's Pages" and the wide lace (included in the kit) to create a Victorian/vintage piece.
 I wanted to stick with pale blues/greens for this layout.  I used the "Prima" Stencil included in the kit.  I also added some stamp work using "Something Tattered" stamps.  I added a few pieces of lace from "Tresors de Luxe".....
I stippled on some gesso throughout the page to soften the look.
I sprayed the lace with "Lindy's Stamp Gang" to get the aged/antiqued look.
The pearl flourishes are from "Zva Creative" included in the kit....They are the
perfect accent for this layout....
 
Stop on by the ~Scraps of Elegance~ online store and grab this GORGEOUS kit!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 




 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Your layouts are gorgeous Mandy...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts, Mandy! My favorite, though, is the second one--so beautifully feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fall layout of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous creations with the kit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy