Thursday, August 1, 2013

AUGUST REVEAL!

Happy Hello Everyone!
 
The August kit is here!!!!
~Sweet Summer Nights~
from:
Scraps of Elegance
 
My first layout was based on the beautiful sketch by Suepup.
 
I created this page with "romance" being my inspiration-
I used the "Kaisercraft" paper ~True Romance Collection~......
This paper was called "Lovestruck"
This page is full of "LOVE" hehe -  I added the "Forever love" rub on to the tag in the upper left corner.  I cut out the L-O-V-E from the paper and added eyelets, string, and "Liquid Gold Leaf..... 
I agree with the quote "A true love story never ends".....So I decided to use the photo of my Mom and Dad when they were young and so in love.  They are married almost 60 years!  When it's "true" love- I believe it's a forever bond. True love lasts a lifetime.
I used both metal clock elements (included in the kit) around the photo and offset the smaller clock to the upper left. The beautiful large butterfly is from Renea Bouquets.  I used both butterflies included in this month's kit.

I loaded on the "Lindy's Stamp Gang" Glitz Spritz in Royal Emerald Fire for this page.  It GLOWS!!  I sprayed the paper, flowers, stenciling, dry embossing.  You can see how the Glitz Spritz settled in the grooves of the embossing.  I love the effect!
I added a broken pearl necklace my mom gave me by draping it below the photo and hot gluing to the lace (included in the kit).  I used "Lindy's Stamp Gang" mist on each piece of lace to blend in with the layout.  I wanted to keep this layout monochromatic.
I used my stencil w/ circles by adding molding paste and spraying "Lindy's Stamp Gang" Glitz Spritz (included in the kit).  I added touches of "Liquid Gold Leaf" with a fine paint brush to the ripped paper, buttons, stenciled circles. I used a "Sizzix" folder for dry embossing and punched the edges with a "Martha Stewart" punch.
 
Cut and altered letters: "Liquid Gold Leaf", "Tim Holtz" distress ink, eyelets, string.
 
My next project features a 50's flare.  I used "Fabscraps" papers for this project and loaded on everything and anything 50's related.  I enlarged the photo of my mom taken from the 1950's.
 My mom actually had a pair of glasses like (pictured below) back in the day.  I altered both chipboard glasses by painting them black, adding "Glossy Accents" and using "Liquid Pearls" on the edges.
The tag and "dress form" stamp were included in the kit!!!! I altered the dress with pink paper and used and "EK Success" border punch for the scallops.  I misted the paper with "Lindy's Stamp Gang" Glitz Spritz and then gathered gently to create a full layered skirt.  I added a thin piece of lace at the top of the dress.  The chipboard silhouette was included in the kit so I painted it black and used a flourish stamp.  I dabbed the stamp with my finger using aqua acrylic paint and stamped around the silhouette's neckline.
I misted the "Prima" paper rose flowers and added aqua acrylic paint to the edges.  Lastly I added "Glossy Accents", a pearl embellishment cut down, pink crystals and beads to the silhouette.
 
Stay tuned for more projects to come from this awesome kit!
"Scraps of Elegance"
 
Have a great day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fabulous layouts, Mandy! I love the sparkle on the first one and the little love banner. Love how you tied in the photo of your Mom and the dress form on the second one. I was just looking over the details last night on the layout I won in your giveaway. You always create such amazing treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy