Wednesday, May 15, 2013

TATTERED FAIRY DOLL

Hello Everyone!
 
I finally finished my Tattered Fairy made from "Prima" papers.
 
 
 
I drew a petal template and started cutting.  Three sizes of petals.
 
I brushed on Mod Podge and then added Gesso/Ink to a stencil.
 
Once that dried I spray on Lindy's Stamp Gang mist.
 
I added black trim around each petal with hot glue.
 
 
I took pink tulle from a spool and gathered a "skirt" on sewing machine for the petals to attach to.
 
I started layering with largest petals at the bottom of the skirt.  I attached the skirt to the doll with hot glue.  It was easier then sewing on a snap.
 
I attached each petal to the tulle layering around the skirt.  The petals did not have to be perfectly measured because I folded/bent each petal.
 
I made sleeves out of the smallest petals by hot gluing four together.
Close-up of sleeves with added mini beads.
 
These are the trims I used.  The gathered pink tulle trim was added to the bottom of the tulle skirt to add flare to the petals.
Once the petals were attached, the fun begins.  My favorite part of any project. Adding, adding, and adding.
 
Time to start on the head piece.  Prima flowers/buttons were added to a twisted wire.
 
Head Piece almost finished.
 
Now it's time to make the Fairy wings.  I drew a one wing free hand on printer paper.
 
I folded a 12"x 12" black paper in half and drew one wing.  I then cut and unfolded.
I added vintage lace around the wings.  I went over the lace with Mod Podge.
Once the Mod Podge dried I sprayed on Lindy's Stamp Gang.  I added gesso and more lace.
 
Time to add flowers, beads, trinkets......
 
Still adding.......
 
The finishing touches were black lace trim around the sleeves.  I added black trim around the fairy wings once attached to the doll.  I added the "Prima" resin banner with the word "Dream" attached with "Glossy Accents".  Once the wings were attached a pinched each wing together and hot glued.
 
 
Supplies:
 
Various "Prima"  Flowers, Buttons, Resin....
"Prima" Paper Firefly Collection
Trims - Vintage and Hobby Lobby
Chains - Walmart
Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray
Various Beads From My Bead Stash
Gesso
Hot Glue
Glossy Accents
Tulle on Spool
Mod Podge (Matte)
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Mandy! As a doll collector, I love it! Your details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What an awesome project!! I'm a doll collector and maker and definitely want to try this project out. What inspiration you have given me. Awesome details, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe all the detail!! This is insanely awesome!! I saw these pics on FB too btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy