Monday, August 1, 2011

HELLO BEAUTIFUL


August Kit of the Month Layout

"Whispering Memories"

I was inspired by birds, eggs, layers, and natural textures for this layout.  I received "PINK" roses in the kit and I dyed them red with "Ranger" alcohol ink to match the red on the photo and red buds on the leaves.  While in process of creating, I received some vintage lace from a "Flying Unicorn" member (Cathi O'Neill).....We arranged a personal swap.  Of course the vintage lace accented this layout perfectly so I used it.  Thank you Cathi!  Tea stained colored vintage lace is also included in the kit which I used along the bottom layered with punch work.  I used various punches and incorporated hand stitching.  I altered a corner piece of "Dusty Attic" (included in the kit) and used it as a bowl to hold the eggs.  I added "Glossy Accents" (included in the kit) to various items on the page.
Thank you for looking!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful to use lace as background, haven't done that on a whole page before, only on cards and it really does as such wonderful texture! love the "moss" and the cut out mistle toe from G45 looks spectacular here! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy