Wednesday, November 20, 2013

THANKFUL

Happy Wednesday Friends!
 
Today I'm sharing two more projects using the gorgeous November kit "Thankful" from:
 
~Scraps of Elegance~
 
When I saw the papers with the brown wooden background I knew I wanted to use a photo I had recently taken at the nearby state park.  I was hiking the trail and came across a stream where the sun was shining through the trees.  There was a golden glow in the water.  It was so beautiful and peaceful.
 
I used the "Prima" stencil in the kit and added colors from the color add by "Lindy's Stamp Gang"......I was experimenting with this layout by ripping pieces of drywall tape and coloring it with mists and gelato's.....
I did some machine sewing and some painting with watercolors. I added some hemp twine mimicking the branches on the photo......
I added some flowers/leaves from my "home décor" stash.  I just happened to have some golden colors to bring out the gold in the photo.....
 
I created a card for my next project using papers in the kit and adding mists, texturing paste, stencil.
I layered the card with burlap wide trim and wrapped twine around the layers.  I did a little bit of machine sewing around the top layer of the card.
The large flower was from a previous kit and I sprayed it with "Lindy's Stamp Gang" mist to match the coloring in the stencil.
Normally I add wording to my cards
but I left this one blank so it could be used for any occasion....
 
 
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Both beautiful projects, Mandy! The photo for the layout is awesome! I love the way you used burlap on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous details--I really like the burlap, Mandy.

    :)trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy