Friday, November 1, 2013

ROMANTIC ALTERED BOTTLE/DECANTER

Happy Hello Everyone!
 
Today I'm sharing my first design team creation working with the gorgeous trims and laces from "Tresors de Luxe"click here.  I knew exactly what my first project was going to be.  I had a vintage decanter just waiting to be covered with gorgeous lace!  When I received the laces from Lucy I started my project immediately.....Altering bottles is so much fun. Almost better than scrapbook design - Well maybe not......I love it all!
 
I started by adhering turquoise blue colored tissue paper to the decanter.  I used "Mod Podge" heavily making sure not to rip the paper.
 
When the tissue paper dried I added the lace by wrapping it around the decanter using "Mod Podge".  I had to cut pieces off the top because it was too
bulky and overlapping.  Here is another view of the decanter using different lighting.  You can see how I wrapped the crocheted copper/bronze trim with turquoise sequins around the neck of it.  I wasn't going for a "perfect" look.  To me the uneven texture adds more interest.  I didn't want to add a traditional bow at the top of the decanter so I added many short pieces of ribbon tied in to knots.
I sprayed the 7" lace with four different colors of "Lindy's Stamp Gang" mists.  This is not the first project I used a combination of blues/greens/purples.
 
I added beads/chains from my beading supplies to give this piece an elegant/romantic feel.
This bottle does not have a back or a front. I showed the above view first because it shows off the lace.  The below view shows beading details that I added.  I also added the "Incandescent Copper" mist by "Lindy's Stamp Gang" to this part of the decanter to accent the copper/bronze in the trim.
 
Here is another view of the decanter.  It can be displayed in any direction and the chains can be adjusted around the bottle.  You might want to wear it as a necklace???......
Stop on by "Tresors de Luxe" click here and view the many gorgeous laces, trims, embellishments!
If you love adding elegant trims and laces to your projects then this place is for you!!! You won't be sorry-
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Your altered bottle is absolutely stunning. I love the gorgeous colors and amazing beading. WOW
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasha, saw your post on fb and have to come for closer look ;) I love your superb idea. The decorated bottle looks very exclusive and gorgeous. TFS.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy