Thursday, December 11, 2014

VAUGHN-N-MI

Hi There!
 
Today it's snowing here in PA and the kids are off school.  My son has been playing in the snow and video games with the neighbor boy so I decided to finish my sketch of him....He took this selfie with his buddy Mr. Tibbs aka Mi.
 
This is my first sketch using colored pencils and I must say it's a lot more challenging than using graphite pencils.  It is very hard to blend shadows with skin color.  I have found out that there are many colors that must be used for skin tone.  I tried my best at my first attempt.
I created a collage showing the steps I took before finishing up.....
I'm in no way an artist.....I never went to school....Please don't judge too harshly.....
This was a fun but challenging project....I actually think it's a little bit harder than painting....I guess I need some practice...
 
Have a great day!
 


3 comments:

  1. I almost couldn't tell the difference between the photo and the drawing, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mandy! You're AMAZING! No school needed for a true artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy