Monday, March 31, 2014

Scraps of Elegance - Floral Fantasy Kit - March 2014

Happy Hello Everyone!
 
Today I'm sharing four projects using this month's gorgeous kit from:
 ~Scraps of Elegance~
 
 
I used "Graphic 45" (Botanical Tea Collection) for all four projects. My first project shows three altered eggs.  The two larger eggs open. The next project I created a card using neutral tones with hints of blue here and there.  The 3rd  project was based on Suepup's gorgeous sketch for the month of March.  I previously posted the layout but I wanted to show various projects using the same collection.  The bird and butterfly house was also previously posted.
 
I grabbed some plastic eggs I had stored in my attic and did some decoupage work on each egg. 
I did a lot of cut work to the papers...cutting various roses, leaves, ferns and petals....
I added lace and ribbon around the largest egg...I can store the smaller eggs inside the large one....
Here I show the polka dot egg inside the larger egg. I added moss inside the bottom of the largest egg.
Here is a card I made using the gorgeous collection.....I added hints of blue by cutting out some of the blue butterflies.
I added some "Prima" flowers from the "Flower Add On" for this month's kit.
I added some hand stitching around the top layered border and around the "Thinking of You" tag.....
I colored in some of the flowers on the paper with a blue "Faber Castell" water color pencil....

 
"Lovely Lady"

I cut out the center of a linen doily (from a thrift shop) and added some stitch work, liquid pearls and doodling circling the inside border of the doily....
I did some hand stitching around the border of the photo and paper border.
 I used a Faber Castell watercolor pencil (available at the online store) and doodled around the edges of the doily....
 I added "Liquid Pearls" (included in the kit) on each of the petals, around the photo and on the lace doily...
 
My next project:
 
~Bird and Butterfly House~
 
I added various papers from Graphic 45 (Botanical Tea Collection)....I  added "Mod Podge" to the paper Mache house (I had the house on hand for a while) and covered it with dampened paper (similar to wallpapering).  I used an X-Acto knife and frequently changed the blade.
 Here is a before picture - I just started adding the punch work and paper.
 I started this project by cutting out various flowers, ferns, birds and butterflies from the G-45 (Botanical Garden Collection)
 I used little punch work pieces to create a scalloped roof.  I added "Viva" Copper rub and "Tim Holtz" distress ink over the punch work. 
 I added some stamp work using "Something Tattered" stamps....
 This project was tedious  but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. 
Here is one more angle of the house-
 Thank you for stopping by!  I still have many more projects I can create with this gorgeous kit!
Have a great day!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Mandy! These projects are gorgeous! Wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy