Thursday, February 28, 2013

Whimsical Wonders

Hello friends,

A big congratulations to the new Graphic 45 design team! 
 
Whimsy, vintage and fabulously fun comes to mind when I think about these pages.  I just love adding and adding and yes, adding!!!  My obsession now is using many types of beads in my projects.  Beading gives a mystical/magical feel to each page/canvas I create.  The following are just samples of some of my favorite whimsical creations.

Altered decanter with vintage lace...... Painted with Liquid Gold Leaf.  Added G45 trim, metal key plate and prints.  Yep, I just love adding Liquid Gold Leaf to many of my projects.  I'm definitely creating more like this.  So much fun!
 
 


Ahhhh romance.......I found the perfect photo for these G45 papers/embellishments.  This photo was taken back in the 1950's. A romantic kiss - my mom and dad.  I'm sure my mom has many sweet memories tucked away somewhere in the back of her mind or maybe in a secret diary.


 
 
 
This magical fairy page was created using sprinkles of fairy dust (glitter).  I used a lot of Stickles on this page. Sewing, altered chipboard, vintage lace adorn this page.
 
This project was so much fun!  I have a step by step tutorial showing how I painted, added beaded mosaics and placement of the cut out butterflies.
 
Fairy Treasures was the theme of this mini envelope album.  G45 goodies were placed on each and every envelope page.  I did punch work on each flap and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder to strengthen the flap and give it a golden metal effect.
 
The elegant print can be purchased from Moonlightjourney.com  (collage sheets).  I wanted to use deep rich colors on this canvas and add many beads, baubles and jewelry.  A step by step tutorial is located two posts below.
 
I wanted this photo to look like it's part of the page.  I surrounded the photo's of my son with many crystals, beads, baubles, and hand cut butterflies.
 
Mysterious, Offbeat, Playful, Artsy are just some of the words that describe me on this layout.  I used G45 papers and embellishments.  I created a corset type background for the photo to adorn.
 
This travel inspired vintage page I did for a friend using G45 papers.  Feathers, chipboard, dried flowers, lacing, burlap was added.
 
 
Have a Wonderful Whimsical Day!
 

 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy! How wonderful to see you again, long time no visit! I think it was way back when your house was flooded and things were rather difficult. Thank you so much for the walk through of your delish opulent projects! beautiful use of beads and pearls in true Mandy style! wishing you a truly beautiful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooooo sweet Eila! Thank You and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. These are all simply stunning. Best of luck making the Graphic 45 team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary! Thank you for your sweet comments! Have a wonderful day!
      Mandy

      Delete
  3. Your work is a feast for the eyes! Good luck with the DT Call.

    ~ Gloria (G45 DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes Gloria! It was nice of you to stop by!

      Delete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy