Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Scraps of Elegance - March - "Floral Fantasy" Reveal!!!!

Happy Hello Everyone!
 
Today I'm sharing two projects using this month's gorgeous kit from:
 ~Scraps of Elegance~
 
 
I used "Graphic 45" (Botanical Tea Collection) for both projects.  The first project was based on Suepup's gorgeous sketch for the month of March.  I found a wallet sized photo of my mom and made a larger copy.  This is one of my favorite photo's of her.  I did a lot of cut work on the flower petals and added as many as I could.
 
"Lovely Lady"

I cut out the center of a linen doily (from a thrift shop) and added some stitch work, liquid pearls and doodling circling the inside border of the doily....
I did some hand stitching around the border of the photo and paper border.
 I used a Faber Castell watercolor pencil (available at the online store) and doodled around the edges of the doily....
 I added "Liquid Pearls" (included in the kit) on each of the petals, around the photo and on the lace doily...
 
My next project:
 
~Bird and Butterfly House~
 
I added various papers from Graphic 45 (Botanical Tea Collection)....I  added "Mod Podge" to the paper Mache house (I had the house on hand for a while) and covered it with dampened paper (similar to wallpapering).  I used an X-Acto knife and frequently changed the blade.
 Here is a before picture - I just started adding the punch work and paper.
 I started this project by cutting out various flowers, ferns, birds and butterflies from the G-45 (Botanical Garden Collection)
 I used little punch work pieces to create a scalloped roof.  I added "Viva" Copper rub and "Tim Holtz" distress ink over the punch work. 
 I added some stamp work using "Something Tattered" stamps....
 This project was tedious  but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. 
Here is one more angle of the house-
 Thank you for stopping by and I'll have a lot more projects to come using this month's gorgeous kit!
Have a great day!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. wowsers!!!You are definitely rockin the G45!!Stunning creations for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both projects are fantastic! I was decorating for spring and just hung up the beautiful layout you made and I won in one of your giveaways. I can't tell you how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet LO, and the house is amazing!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all who visit and leave such wonderful comments! It is greatly appreciated! I really love hearing from you! Have a great day!

Mandy